Hemorrhoids and Rectal Prolapse are commonly encountered colorectal conditions which form a considerable workload for clinicians treating colorectal pathologies. While the symptoms of Hemorrhoids and rectal prolapse can often overlap, it is imperative to diagnose and manage them appropriately to ensure better prognosis and patient comfort. Although conventional treatment and management options for these conditions have been prevalent, one of the most recent advancements in the management of these colorectal conditions is the introduction of Directional Stapling Technology (DST). Directional stapling technology uses a staple wire that sits more securely and bends consistently as required. The use of DST technology in staplers ensures that there is no guess-work when it comes to staple formation increasing the consistency and optimal staple formation. Stapled hemorrhoidopexy has been known to elicit lesser post-operative pain and shorter hospital stay when compared to conventional techniques of hemorrhoid repair. For this procedure, The Covidien EEA Hemorrhoid and Prolapse stapler is a preferred choice amongst surgeons due to the access, consistency, and visibility provided by the steadfast stapler set. The features that make Covidien EEA Hemorrhoid and Prolapse Stapler a good choice are – Covidien EEA Hemorrhoid and Prolapse stapler utilize titanium DST Stapler. The circular rectal tissue is removed by the double staggered titanium DST staples.
- The stapler is accompanied with accessories such as the Dilator, Anascope and Access port.
- The anascope facilitates pursestring suture application above the dentate line and the markings assist in ensuring a circumferential consistent pursestring suture placement. The access port is used to dilate the anal sphincter to aid insertion and removal of the anascope. The dilator is used to aid in the insertion of the anascope and port as it retracts the anal tissue.
- The Anascope assists in dilation and the wings allow for secure vertical placement. The rectal anatomy of the patient is easily visualized by the surgeon attributable to the transparent material. The rotatable design also allows for a consistent suturing.
- The transparent anascope and port allow easy visualization during the procedure
- Covidien EEA Hemorrhoid and Prolapse stapler is available in 33cm diameter and is compatible with staples of staple size 3.5 mm and 4.8 mm.
- The detachable Anvil technology separates anvil from the instrument which leads to better tissue access as well as visualization.
- Withdrawal and Closing the instrument at the end of the procedure is also simple and quick.