COVIDIEN POLYSORB POLYESTER SUTURE
Covidien Polysorb polyester sutures are braided /multifilament absorbable sutures of mid-term absorption profile with an absorption time of between 56- 70 days.
These Sutures are composed of synthetic polyester LACTOMER 9-1 having a composition of Glycolide and Lactide. They are coated sutures with a coating of Glycolide, Caprolactone and Calcium Stearoyl Lactylate. They are either manufactured as violet coloured or are undyed.
- - Excellent Strength during crucial wound healing period
- - Reliable Knot security
- - Ease of Handling
- - Predictable time of absorption
- - Minimal acute inflammatory tissue reaction.Covidien Polysorb polyester sutures have tensile strength of 80% retention in 2 weeks and 30% retention in 3 weeks. The in- vivo tensile strength retention is 3 weeks.
4.Indications for use
- The use of these sutures is indicated for soft tissue surgeries and ophthalmic surgery but not for cardiovascular and neural tissue suturing. The braided construction of sutures elicits less trauma to tissues and minimal scarring. The absorption of the suture begins by the encapsulation of the suture by connective tissue followed by the progressive loss of tensile strength and eventual hydrolysis of LACTOMER 9-1 to lactic acids and glycolic acids which are absorbed and metabolized by the body .The knot security of Covidien Polysorb polyester sutures provides secure wound closure and wound support during the crucial period of healing.
- Covidien needles recommended for use with Covidien Polysorb polyester sutures are Surgalloy, DermaX and Protect Point. These sutures are manufactured in 8-0 USP to 2 USP.
Smart Medical Buyer has the largest catalogue of sutures and surgical supplies online in India
Smart Medical Buyer has superior sourcing for sutures in all fields of surgery including Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cardiovascular surgery, Ophthalmology, Urology, Plastic Surgery and Orthopedics. Smart Medical Buyer has a range of Absorbable and Non-Absorbable sutures, Synthetic and Natural sutures, Coated and Uncoated sutures and Monofilament and Multifilament sutures available on one platform for you to compare and choose from. The easy search and ordering process and quick turnaround ensure a smooth and seamless experience. SMB’s range of surgical sutures includes those from Covidien, Ethicon, Fine Surgicals and Sutures India. SMB offers the most attractive prices online for sutures in India. Sutures are regulated products and are available for sale on SMB to medical professionals and healthcare provider establishments only on the completion of our KYC process